Today is Election Day in New Jersey and if you didn’t mail in your ballots you can still go to your polling center and cast your vote.
There are no GT spots up for re-election this time around, but there are state and county spots on the ballot.
I voted this morning in Erial and it was a bit different than usual. I was told that I should have received a mail in ballot and I told them that I chose to vote in person. I think at 7AM I may have been the first guy to show up because they seemed a bit unprepared and a little put off that I didn’t just mail it in, but it is what it is. The process is a bit different in that you are handed a paper ballot that you have to fill out along with the provisional ballot paperwork to prove that you are who you say you are and that you did not already vote by mail. In 10 days you can call a phone number to make sure your vote was counted.
Check out this Patch article on who’s running in today’s election. https://patch.com/new-jersey/gloucestertownship/primary-day-2020-whos-running-where-vote-gloucester-twp
Polling locations have been decreased by fifty percent; and, therefore, election districts have been consolidated. They will be open 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Here’s where to vote in Gloucester Township:
- District 1: Glendora Fire Company, 29 7th Avenue
- Districts 2 and 22: Chews United Methodist Church, 319 Black Horse Pike
- Districts 3, 15, 24, 37, 40: Senior Center, 1261 Chews Landing Road
- District 4: Blenheim Fire Company, 34 Almonesson Road
- District 5: The Palace, 109 North Black Horse Pike
- Districts 6 and 10: Camden County Emergency Training Center, 420 North Turnersville-Woodbury Road
- District 7: Gloucester Township Library, 15 South Black Horse Pike
- Districts 8, 32 and 39: Erial Fire Company, 1946 Williamstown Road
- Districts 9, 12, 13 and 25: The Municipal Building, 1261 Chews Landing Road
- Districts 11, 16, 21 and 26: Chews Landing Fire Company, 43 Somerdale Road
- Districts 14, 23, 27 and 28: Recreation Center, 80 Broadacres Drive, Clementon
- Districts 17 and 38: Charles W. Lewis School, 875 Erial Road
- Districts 18 and 33: Timber Creek Regional High School, 501 Jarvis Road
- Districts 19 and 34: Camden County Technical School, 343 Berlin-Cross Keys Road
- Districts 20 and 30: Point Ariel Community Center, 2900 Erial Road, Erial
- Districts 29 and 35: Ann Mullen Middle School, 1400 Sicklerville Road
- Districts 31 and 36: J.W. Lilley Elementary School, 1275 Williamstown Road